Sunday, June 7, 2009

Track 12 ( It's a family affair )

Why does tha weekend always seems like it's on fast friggin' foward? For tha first time in a while, I did something constructive and fun. I actually hung out wit' my family...... no i'm not writin' this in a lock-up, or 72 hour psyche hold. To tell tha truth, it opened my eyes to what should've been tha obvious.

For sometime I always had a weird, but loving way about my family. Sure everybody has family that they're close to, estranged from or downright disown. But at some point you either forgive, or remain tha stubborn SOB, I know you to be. Me, being a potential short bus candidate, (Get over it if offended) I don't have enough sense to continue, my "blinders on attitude" wit my family. So I decided to head out to a get-together, to gain insight on why we may not communicate as much as we should.

After arriving there and started the "ice breakin" talk, I realized why we were'nt as tight as we should be. A lot of it is because of tha basic "don't" of communication, DON'T LISTEN TO HE SAY, SHE SAY, EVEN IF IT'S FAMILY! *pauses* sips Zoloft milkshake. We kept our walls up due to tha rumors and speculation, people do in family. Of course I don't have tha sense, God gave a billy goat so I dived into tha task, of dispelling the rumors and tension. After a couple of hours, I believe it was a sort of therapy for some,to get what was on tha mind off.

And it was'nt this "Dr Phil meets Intervention" s**t, but it was sooo good to watch MY family be themselves. Usually everybody tries watch what they say, this time it was on and poppin. (caucasians please consult your closest black friend for translation) The warm part is we are actually are excited,to be in each other's lives now. Now your lesson is this,....let tha petty s**t go about your family. Let all those preconceived notions you have about them, go as well.

Life is too short to not hold your family, closer than you have been. In a weird turn of events, I just got word that my Aunt who I haven't seen in a while, has fallen ill. Just think if I would've continued down tha path of dumbassness, I never would've found out. After readin' this (if you skimmed it, go back up top mofo) Take time and call ( no e-mail, no text or twitter) anyone or everyone you can catch up wit' in your family. Trust me, you are not alone.


P.S. My family has taught me to be fearless. soooo hope you like tha new picture. I told you I have a face that only boxers play wit'. Thanks to tha family for tha spirit to write this.

No comments: