Monday, July 20, 2009

Ya shoulda f**kin been there.

Ooooweee...There are very few music genres that evoke such an emotion as House music. As i'm typin' this, I'll still gettin' over tha religious experince that was tha "I love house music Fridays" at Rev's (Revelations...see..religious) in Country Club Hills, Illinois.

Let me start off by sayin' that tha doors opened at 9, I got there at 11 (tryin' for that fashionably late entrance) and tha place was f**kin' packed already!!. Goin' in, it was nothin' but pure love of music and good times. Remember tha basement parties on tha block? Remember Mendel high school in Chicago in tha 80's ?Remember AKA's?(Let me stop before I pull somethin')

Tha music of tha nite was an eclectic, aggressive mix of rhythms that kept people on their feet. (jus' readin that, has yo azz wishin you were there.) Tha Dj's that nite are no strangers in movin a f**kin crowd (Mad love to Sundance Chi-town's tightest female Dj and Maurice Joshua and Lidell "NuNu"Townsell)

As for tha atmosphere, it was proper (They still say that S**t?!?) there was'nt a hint of bourgeoisie in tha room. Everybody was allowed to be themselves (Hell we all grew up together.) I saw friends from 20 to 30 years ago, still enjoyin' a style of music that Chi-town originated and EVERYBODY tried duplicating.


Now, there was some comedy, fo sho . OoooWeee I truly believe house music is tha only music that women can let their "INNER NASTY AZZ" out and its ok. One particular young (Heh) lady danced sooo low, I think I saw her C-section! (Yeah, read it again) And tha fellas....Word to tha wise...after a few Coronas, jus sit yo azz down! Also fellas not so many tight T-shirts next time. One guy's shirt was so tight, this mofo had a third nipple.(Stop me if I lie)

All in all tha nite was great. It was great to celebrate a movement of music that we can call our own. Hell, New York can have Hip Hop. Philly and Detroit can have Soul and R&B. But Chicago....Jus' gimme that HOUSE...MUSIC ALL NITE LONG.

Now, This party happens EVERY Friday at Revelations 18221 Pulaski in Country Club (CC Hills) Illinois. DON'T F**KIN MISS ANOTHER MOMENT! Long live tha movement...Lovg live tha fans. You make House a home.

Questions? Comments? Share yo experince? Facebook me or follow me on Twitter (mayhemm09) Sign up for either one (It's free don't be soo damn cheap) so you can give a play by play of this ish...MAD LOVE TO THA CLUBHOUSE GROUP AND MY DUDE HULA.





No comments: